Rick Hughes

Default Home network computer/tv/sat/fm/telephone

Dave wrote:

Our house is being refurbished at the moment so I thought it would be a

good
idea to put in some cabling and outlets for computer/tv/sat/fm/telephone
whilst everythings opened up. Planning to use the understairs cupboard

as
the nerve centre (broadband router will be shoved in here- draytek2600)

and
will use the MK Logic Plus range thoughtout so the new outlets match the
existing electrical sockets/switches.

How many network cables (CAT5e STP) would it be advisable to run to each
room in the house?

I have run CAT 5 and CT100 around the house -

CAT 5 - In lounge I have 2 double outlets in each corner, plus another by
the TV point, in all others I have 2 doubles in all others rooms.

CT100 - In lounge 3 pairs of CT100 outlets neat TV location, a pair in each
corner, all other rooms I have at least 2 CT100 outlets - in close location
to CAT5 outlets.
I run 3 x CT100 to sat dish location, and 2 to the TV antennae location.

All runs go to central location (Node zero).

Yet to find a neat patch panel for CT 100, but they must exist.

Rick