Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Democracy in Action

Swingman wrote in
:

SconnieRoadie wrote:
Keep your eyes on the recalls in Wisconsin Tuesday. Wisconsin has
always been a progressive state, even under Republicans.

But the swing with the election of Scott Walker to the governorship
was toward a whole new direction, one that slashes and burns social
programs while shoveling money at business. My characterization is
not out of line with the reality.

Whether or not this strategy would be ultimately "successful" -
whatever that means to the authors of it - I hope we never have to
find out.

I hope the recalls succeed and reason is restored. Because we need
to drag this country back from corporatocracy. This is a key battle
and people who believe in the greater good need to recognize the
threat and make themselves heard.

Viewing the results, apparently folks aren't as stupid as msnbc makes
them out to be, eh?

There is a law in Wisconsin that makes legislators immune from recall
during their first year. Therefore, the decisive recalls will come
later. I am not sure that organized labor isn't featherbedding some of
their members, but generally speaking, undoing labor contracts in such a
fell swoop to such an extent is not fair. My daughter and son-in-law are
both high school teachers in NJ, and the changes in their remuneration
(much higher deductions for healthcare and pensions) makes them feel
lucky they have help nearby.

--
Best regards
Han