Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Google groups down since Aug 1

In article ,
says...

Steve Ackman wrote:
On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 16:31:15 -0700, Winston wrote:

The outage has been a big deal on rec.bicycles.tech since July 30.

I hope Google Groups is gone for good. I wonder
if I'm the only one.

The execution was less than perfect, for sure.
We may never know the challenges they are up
against in repackaging USENET like that.

I'm concerned that without a powerful corporate
sponsor, USENET might continue it's decline.

"Google Groups" was originally an archive that did not allow direct
posting. They added the ability to direct post but their latest go has
weakened the utiility as an archive tremendously. And now it's not even
that if they've lost two weeks of posts.