Posted to alt.home.repair
RogerT RogerT is offline

Default Google groups

Home Guy wrote:
Frank wrote:

As for computer, I'm expecting it will be shortly replaced and
upgraded. Client is in another state far from here and server
is in the UK. Had a complex computer situation a couple of
weeks ago and upgrade will make it occur again. Somewhat
bothersome but as I bill for time, it does not bother me.

I'm trying to understand what exactly your (home) computer situation
is, but your explanation has me scratching my head.

My guess is that Frank means he has a company-owned computer and the
computer has security features built-in that prevent him (or other employees
with similar company-owned computers) from installing new programs. In
other words, his company-owned computer will allow access to the Internet
(or at least to most sites), but will not allow him to install a newsreader
such as outlook etc. I don't know if that is what he means, but that is my
guess.