Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus19859 Ignoramus19859 is offline

Default Commercial Driver's License (CDL)

On 2011-08-10, Karl Townsend wrote:
On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 16:57:15 -0500, Ignoramus11295
wrote:

I am not about to become a "trucker", but I am thinking about getting
a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).

The purpose is to be able to drive a larger truck (like a 1 ton
pickup) with a larger trailer (like 15K lbs), buying and selling
larger things.

Didn't catch this part the first read. I run a 1 ton F350 Ford with a
24,000 lb. double dually trailer. I got one with a beaver tail so the
fork truck runs right up on it. I'm glad I got the biggest engine
made, lowest rear end ratio, and manual tranny. The unit is still WAY
under powered with a ten ton load on. I bet they'd shoot you in
Chicago land driving 30 on the Dan Ryan.

You are a "farmer", but I am not, and I would not be allowed to drive
such a rig.