Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default Commercial Driver's License (CDL)

On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 00:02:01 -0700, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

Ignoramus11295 on Tue, 09 Aug
2011 16:57:15 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:
I am not about to become a "trucker", but I am thinking about getting
a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).

The purpose is to be able to drive a larger truck (like a 1 ton
pickup) with a larger trailer (like 15K lbs), buying and selling
larger things.

I am curious if anyone here has a CDL and, if so, how hard it was to get.

I can study the study questions by myself, and I would prefer not to
go to a CDL school for a whole month.

Can I somehow pass it with at-home preparation? Also, can I pass that
test with a vehicle that does not require a CDL? I will do some
finding out by myself also, but I wanted to hear if anyone has any
practical experience.

Check your local state regulations. They will be able to tell
you if you need a CDL and what class it would be. For a one ton
pickup, I doubt you need a commercial endorsement.

tschus
pyotr

I seem to remember Iggy getting burned by the cops for driving a large
trailer without a proper licence.

Karl