Posted to alt.home.repair
Home Guy Home Guy is offline

Default Google groups

Frank wrote:

As for computer, I'm expecting it will be shortly replaced and
upgraded. Client is in another state far from here and server
is in the UK. Had a complex computer situation a couple of
weeks ago and upgrade will make it occur again. Somewhat
bothersome but as I bill for time, it does not bother me.

I'm trying to understand what exactly your (home) computer situation is,
but your explanation has me scratching my head.

Normally here in north america, a consumer goes out to a retail store
and buys a computer for home use (or for use in a small business being
run out of your house). Much like you'd buy a toaster or coffee maker.

If we're talking about a "work-at-home" time of situation, where a
client (or employer) is supplying a "special" computer for you to use, I
would think that it's use would be heavily locked-down and limited to
work-related functions. But in any case for non-work use at home you
would have your own personal computer to surf the web, perform on-line
banking / shopping, e-mail, etc.

UK and US computer groups are not coordinated. Good for me,
as at my age, keeps me on my toes

Again, I'm not sure what you mean by "computer groups". I don't see how
any sort of geographic distinction is relavent to this discussion as to
why you're home computer use is limited or restricted by using a
"client" computer.