Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Circular saw recommendations?

"dpb" wrote in message ...
On 8/9/2011 5:17 PM, Max wrote:

Well, Pshaw! I'm goin' out tomorrow and get me one of them 16 inchers.
How much do they cost?

If you have to ask...

No idea, as mentioned in another thread, I got lucky on this from an
acquaintance working at Lane.

It looks like Delta makes nothing but the 10" any more; Original Saw
Company still makes industrial-strength (and priced) RAS up to at least
20". If I had to guess I'd say a 16" would run $5K any way, these days
new. Seems like last time I happened to notice a new blade was roughly
$1500...

--

$1500 just for a blade. I could get a Saw Stop for that much and then I
wouldn't have to worry about ripping, crosscutting or anything

Max