Posted to alt.home.repair
Justin Time[_2_] Justin Time[_2_] is offline

Default Somewhat OT (I think) Electrical question

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news

OK, humor me. Why can't you dismantle the foot pedal and use the speed
control from it?

The pedal is not a dial type. When viewing the inside, the pedal makes
connects with layered contacts. In other words, as you push the pedal, it
connects with one contact, then further push connects with another contact
and so on as if stacking chips at the end of an arm. A dial controller has
the contacts in a circumference and increases power as the dial increases.