Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Commercial Driver's License (CDL)

On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 16:57:15 -0500, Ignoramus11295
wrote:

I am not about to become a "trucker", but I am thinking about getting
a Commercial Driver's License (CDL).

The purpose is to be able to drive a larger truck (like a 1 ton
pickup) with a larger trailer (like 15K lbs), buying and selling
larger things.

If you get the CDL, I'll give you ten to one that you start selling
liquidated big rigs, too, so go the course.

I am curious if anyone here has a CDL and, if so, how hard it was to get.

I can study the study questions by myself, and I would prefer not to
go to a CDL school for a whole month.

It would truly behoove you to get the behind-the-wheel time, Ig.

Can I somehow pass it with at-home preparation? Also, can I pass that
test with a vehicle that does not require a CDL? I will do some
finding out by myself also, but I wanted to hear if anyone has any
practical experience.

I passed my Contractor's license exam after studying a book and CD for
several weeks. I doubt there's anything available from the DMV for
that, though, but you could call them and the local truck driving
schools to see.

Well, what do you know?
http://freeonlinetruckdrivertraining.com/
Let us know how it works out, Ig.

--
Fear not those who argue but those who dodge.
-- Marie Ebner von Eschenbach