Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Rich Grise[_3_] Rich Grise[_3_] is offline

Default Water heater installation

Gerald Miller wrote:

Like Erik, I looked into a tank less gas fired water hater and found
that the installed price would be ~$4500.00 as opposed to $1275 for a
40 gallon tank unit including installation of a SS flue liner.
Further, I had experience in April while visiting senior son in Spain,
his tank less butane fired unit sucked big time in that a shower
involved having someone watch the pilot light and relight it every
time it went out. I suspect that was a problem unique to the
particular unit rather than being a general fault but it sure made a
shower into an event to be endured.

FWIW, when I was in Thailand in the USAF, mid-1970s-ish, I rented an
off-base bungalow, and it had an American-style toilet and shower,
with a "tankless" water heater. The only servicing it needed was an
occasional propane tank, which was indistinguishable from an American
propane tank, and it gave instant hot water, albeit you don't need
terribly hot water for a shower when ambient is 95F. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich