Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default Cable Lube

Existential Angst wrote:
"Existential Angst" wrote in message
I'm looking for products like these:

http://www.google.com/search?q=cable...8&aqi=g10&aql=

If that doesn't work, just google cable lube.

Iny idea of good products, good value, stuff to avoid, sources? I'll need
that little "injector clamp", not just the spray can.

Oh, I used to have this stuff when I had motorcycles, but it should
come in handy for lawnmower cables, bikes, etc.
Have never seen it locally -- mebbe in cycle shops, but haven't been
in one in years.
And guys that I know who cycle etc don't seem to know about this type
of product.

The system with that injector clamp works REALLY well, you can get
lubricant at the other end of a long cable in *seconds*, which makes
an unbelievable difference in action.

--
EA

--
EA

I ride , and I lube my cables with plain old gear oil . Takes a little
longer , lasts a LOT longer. That stuff that comes with the injector thingy
eventually ends up making a stiff nasty mess of your cables . And the only
way to loosen them up is to shoot more of the same crap into them .

--
Snag
Learning keeps