Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default 'nuther question, rewire 110v heat treat oven to 220? (or swap fora 220 oven)

On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 07:58:07 +0100, David Billington
wrote:

Jon Anderson wrote:
On 8/8/2011 6:17 PM, Ned Simmons wrote:

The elements are over $100 each for the 1500.

ooh... looks like I'm shopping for a step down transformer...

Thanks,

Jon

Or work out how much wire, such as Kanthal A1, you need and wind your
own, it's quite easy to do.

Unfortunately the elements are cast in refractory slabs that comprise
the walls of the muffle, which complicates the matter. I had
considered making my own when I needed replacements, but I was able to
find a complete set on ebay. I was able to get some info on suitable
castable refractories for the elements, though I'm not sure I could
find it now.

--
Ned Simmons