Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default OT Why Google Groups ?

On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 07:38:33 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Snag" wrote in message
I've wondered , especially lately , why anyone uses google groups to read
usenet . There are several free newsreaders out there , and at least 3
free news servers that I personally know of . And now I've read quite a
few posts that people can't reach usenet because google is down "again" .
So why ? Can someone enlighten me ?
--
Snag
Learning keeps

I used it and net-based email because I could access everything from any
computer, for instance at the library, my sister's, or a borrowed one at a
client.

jsw

I use it from libraries and motels for just this reason also. I
certainly would like a better solution.

Karl