Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend Karl Townsend is offline

Default AL spoolgun stuck on high

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 22:01:14 -0400, "Steve W."
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:
On Sun, 07 Aug 2011 12:16:58 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Karl Townsend wrote:
"The Kid" just called. He bought a spoolgun
weld controller for his welder. He asked to borrow the spoolgun for a
project. I'm going to tell him he has to buy me a new amphenol plugin
as part of the deal. Bet he shops eBay for it.

What does it look like? I have a couple thousand connectors, and
might have some from my days of doing industrial electronics.

Its a ten pin circular connector. Eight pins around the circumference
and two in the middle. The pins measure 0.1" the female circle is
0.78". (the ID of the male pin connector is 0.79".) There is a key
slot to get rotation right. I didn't measure but there are male
threads on the female part that allow a slip nut to tighten it
together.

I can't find this in mc master, Newark, or Mouser. Must not know what
to call it. Amphenol is my name - must not be right - no hits. Surely
one of these vendors carries it. If you don't have one, I'd appreciate
suggestions on how to find it.

Karl

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...3Wzma65g%3D%3D
Amphenol PN MS3106R18-1S Socket, PN MS3106R18-1P Plug

http://www.mouser.com/catalog/catalogUSD/643/1394.pdf

Thanks. Now why couldn't I find that?

Karl