Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default 'nuther question, rewire 110v heat treat oven to 220? (or swapfor a 220 oven)

On 8/8/2011 7:24 PM, John G wrote:

My bet is the element will be cheaper than a transformer at least in Oz.
Dont forget if you buy transformer in US you will have to rewire with Oz
plug and US socket to match one on the oven and you have to look hard to
find US sockets in Oz.

I forgot to save the message, but think it was Ned that mentioned having
the model 1500 in 220, 4 elements at $100 each. Doubling the capacity on
a voltage converter, I can get a 3000 watt converter for under $100.

UNfortunately, the one I was looking at says they do not recommend using
for heat producing appliances. I've asked about this citing my
application, have to see what they say.

Looking like I'll be selling/buying/swapping to get a 220 unit or doing
without.

Jon