Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
John G John G is offline

Default 'nuther question, rewire 110v heat treat oven to 220? (or swap for a 220 oven)

Jon Anderson wrote :
On 8/8/2011 4:56 PM, John G wrote:

Which Model??

Model 1400, but an older version without the digital control.

http://www.coleparmer.com/catalog/ma...0%20FB1400.pdf

Thanks for the link. I was trying to contact the mfg. to directly ask if it
could be converted to run on 220. From the manual, would appear no, unless
maybe I bought a 220 rated element. Since the manual shows only a single
element, I assume the element differs between the two voltages. Hmm, maybe
I'll contact them and ask. If it can be done, I'll compare the cost vs a
1500+ watt step down transformer.

Jon

My bet is the element will be cheaper than a transformer at least in
Oz.
Dont forget if you buy transformer in US you will have to rewire with
Oz plug and US socket to match one on the oven and you have to look
hard to find US sockets in Oz.

You might be lucky with no digital control, I did not determine from
the cct where the digital conrtol, in the 220volt model, got its power,
maybe from one line and the neutral like some dryers in US.

--
John G.