Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_3_] Robatoy[_3_] is offline

Default Circular saw recommendations?

In article ,
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

On 8/8/2011 5:18 PM, Robatoy wrote:
In omain.local,
"J. wrote:

In aweb.com,
says...

"J. wrote

While an RAS, perfectly aligned, is a wonderful tool, bump it in the
wrong place and you have to go through the whole process again. I just
don't get the same repeatability out of the RAS that I do out of a
crosscut sled on the table saw.

Yabbut....squaring the end of a ten foot 1 X 12? ;-)

Is easier with a Speed Square and a Skilsaw than with any stationary
machine. If you need more precision you make a jig.

Brilliant idea!!

Ai't it. LOL.. I often use my jig saw and speed square, with the right
Bosch blade I get burnished smooth cuts with little to no tear out.

Those Bosch blades (the right one for the job) simply are the
best.That's not to say that there aren't other good blades (Festool) but
far be it for me to start a 'discussion' in here.