Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Circular saw recommendations?

On 8/8/2011 5:18 PM, Robatoy wrote:
In omain.local,
"J. wrote:

In aweb.com,
says...

"J. wrote

While an RAS, perfectly aligned, is a wonderful tool, bump it in the
wrong place and you have to go through the whole process again. I just
don't get the same repeatability out of the RAS that I do out of a
crosscut sled on the table saw.

Yabbut....squaring the end of a ten foot 1 X 12? ;-)

Is easier with a Speed Square and a Skilsaw than with any stationary
machine. If you need more precision you make a jig.

Brilliant idea!!

Ai't it. LOL.. I often use my jig saw and speed square, with the right
Bosch blade I get burnished smooth cuts with little to no tear out.