Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default 'nuther question, rewire 110v heat treat oven to 220? (or swap fora220 oven)

Jon Anderson wrote:

Ok, one other item I really want to take down under is my Thermolyne
1400 oven. I've just spent 15 minutes on Google and cannot come up with
a direct contact to the manufacturer, only references to places that
sell them.

It's 110v, 12.5 amp, 1500 watts. Can this be rewired to 240?

Here, my options are a step down transformer, or trade it here for a 220
version. Mine is really clean, has temp gauge, temp control in the form
of a percent on dial, and an indicator light. I also have a relay and a
digital temp controller I've never gotten around to setting up for it.
Really would like to keep it as it's so clean, but willing to trade...

Jon

1500 W isn't a lot, so it's likely to be a single element and thus no
way to rewire for 220V. If for some reason it has two 750W elements it
has the potential to be rewired for 220V.

Why was it you wanted to move to the land of incompatibility?