Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson Jon Anderson is offline

Default 'nuther question, rewire 110v heat treat oven to 220? (or swap fora 220 oven)

Ok, one other item I really want to take down under is my Thermolyne
1400 oven. I've just spent 15 minutes on Google and cannot come up with
a direct contact to the manufacturer, only references to places that
sell them.

It's 110v, 12.5 amp, 1500 watts. Can this be rewired to 240?

Here, my options are a step down transformer, or trade it here for a 220
version. Mine is really clean, has temp gauge, temp control in the form
of a percent on dial, and an indicator light. I also have a relay and a
digital temp controller I've never gotten around to setting up for it.
Really would like to keep it as it's so clean, but willing to trade...

Jon