Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PrecisionmachinisT PrecisionmachinisT is offline

Default Water heater installation

"Snag" wrote in message
PrecisionmachinisT wrote:
"engineman" wrote in message
I have to replace my water heater because of an unrepairable leak in
the gas valve.
I have a tank-type heater and am thinking of replacing it with a
tankless.
One problem is that my present heater has it's water connections at
the top and the tankless at the bottom underneath.
To make installation easier I'm thinking of using flexible
corrugated copper tubing similar to what is used for gas lines.
I'm wondering if I will run into any problems with this, such as
galvanic action, also will the corrugations restrict the water flow
too much?

Sussest use the braided instead.

Cheaper and less corrosion potential

Why not just use regular soft copper tubing ?? It bends well , though not
in a tight radius unless it's supported while bending . Sand works well
for that ...

Have you priced copper lately ?

Be aware that tankless needs bigger than standard gas lines , because of
the increased BTU/hr requirements .