Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I have a few bids and I have decided who I want to use

"Metspitzer" wrote in message
How do I find out if they do good work? I found him by looking
handymen in the local shopper. The guy I have been talking to is very
knowledgeable, but I know he is not the one that is going to do the
work.

I am having the front of my house torn off. That is a little
exaggeration, but I am replacing the front step and the front double
door. The step is poured concrete that was not properly done the
first time. Erosion has caused it to crack and sink towards the door
causing the stoop to rot.

Ask to see a couple of jobs that he has done in the past two years. Go look
and ask the homeowners. Word of mouth is far more important than the
biggest ad in the Yellow Pages.