Posted to alt.home.repair
.[_20_] .[_20_] is offline

Default Carrier Infinity 18 Worth it?

"castelobrw" wrote in message
roups.com...
responding to
http://www.homeownershub.com/mainten...it-557355-.htm
castelobrw wrote:

Mike wrote:

I Live in humid miami florida and have a single story 2000 SQFEET home,
is a
Carrier Infinity 18 system +Infinity control worth it?

The system uses a FE4 Fancoil + the Infinity 18 outside compressor +
Infinity Control

living in a humid area, you are required to set your fan coil at lower rpm
in order to get rid of the moisture and keep your are more comfortable so
i assume that you have a ECM motor in order to get the most of your system
other wise if you have PSC motor it is like having a standard system so my
suggestion is to check your indoor blower motor, to obtain the most of
your infinity system

How could anyone tell you if it's worth it when we don't know:

A - What price you've been quoted versus other vendors alternatives and what
utility rebates, credits, etc may factor in.

B - What efficiency and price the other alternatives are

C - What the cost of electricity is in your area

D - Whether someone is home 7 days a week or you're away most of the time so
it can be setback and runs less.

E - How long you plan on staying in the home.

I recently went through that analysis and concluded
for me, the increased cost between a 16 or 18 seer
system and a 14.5 system was not worth it. In my
case the cost difference was over $700.

More important than the eqpt brand or efficiency is
that the installers be competent and that the eqpt is
sized correctly.