Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Surveillance video of copper wiring being stolen from Fayetteville,NC daycare center

On 8/3/2011 6:08 AM, JKevorkian wrote:
On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 20:05:21 -0600, Tony wrote:

Bill Gill wrote:
On 8/1/2011 7:14 PM, Red Green wrote:
Some discussion of Cu& AC thefts recently.

http://landing.newsinc.com/shared/vi...n=fayetteville

Well, here in Tulsa thieves stole several hundred feet of
copper wire from a live power substation. They knocked out
power to thousands of people in the middle of a heat wave.
Personally I don't think I want to go cutting a live
wire at 7,000 volts or higher.

Bill

Hmm,
In China a guy got killed(zapped) trying to do that.

Closer to home, last month a guy tried to remove the feeds from what he assumed
was an abandoned factory in an industrial park here in NE PA.
Snap, crackle, pop and sizzle for him too.
General consensus around here was, "Gee. That's too bad."

Trouble is, he probably already reproduced.

-- aem sends....