Posted to alt.home.repair
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Surveillance video of copper wiring being stolen from Fayetteville, NC daycare center

Well, here in Tulsa thieves stole several hundred feet of
copper wire from a live power substation. They knocked out
power to thousands of people in the middle of a heat wave.
Personally I don't think I want to go cutting a live
wire at 7,000 volts or higher.

The electric company in my area has not seemed overly concerned about
wire theft from its power poles and substations. I wondered why they
were not doing anything???

Then I read about a few people getting electrocuted doing this...
Seems they know the problem will take care of itself over time!