Posted to sci.electronics.repair
abrsvc abrsvc is offline

Default Barco IQ Pro G500

On Aug 1, 5:28*am, "N_Cook" wrote:
Jeff Urban wrote in message

Actually I am more interested in the other parts. Lamps, who knows. I
would probably just sell all four for a hundred bucks. But there are
other parts in there. Maybe compatible LCD chips or something. The
problem is I don't need these all apart on the bench or table figuring
out who knows what. I can't seem to get a print or anything on them,
except for promotional crap. The question is, looking at all this
promotion, how could they be totally worthless in such a short time ?

There has got to be something worth something in there other than
light bulbs. Hell those I could sell as grow lights or something. But
what of the rest of it ?

What is the resale value of an inkjet printer ? similar wondrous technology,
much the same economics. People will not pay 400 dollars/ 300 UKP for a
light bulb.

You are not likely to get prints from Barco. Their service
information is kept close to the vest. I have worked on Barco
projectors from the smaller versions (like yours) to the big boys (R20
for example at $250,000 each). No specific service information is
available outside of Barco itself. Limited info is given over the
phone for specific problem resolution only.

As far as value goes, the machines you have are good quality. You can
try making them available as parts machines on Ebay for a reasonable
cost. If I had some units locally and wanted some replacements parts,
I'd pay up to $1000 for the pair easily. Repalcement parts by far
exceed that cost. If you can state that these are "working" units but
without lenses and lamps, you should have no problem selling them.

Dan