Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gregz gregz is offline

Default best TV Monitor? 2nd attempt

"William Sommerwerck" wrote:
"Robert Macy" wrote in message

maybe the google 'window' is broken again, but didn't see my first
posting
what is the best ( less than $1,000) TV HD Monitor?
want value, great color, and low maintenance, which monitor meets
this criteria?

No offense, but who knows? I don't.

I would look at the major name brands (including Vizio).

I would note Consumer Reports' statistical research that shows major-brand
flat-screen TVs are highly reliable, and there isn't much difference among
them.

I would note that the best value isn't always the least-expensive set.
However, the 32" Vizio I purchased for my den several years ago cost $380,
has a 178-degree viewing angle, excellent color/detail/sharpness, and hasn't
given me a moment's trouble. (My living-room set is a KURO.)

I would take familiar program material to the store, set the TVs for their
"pure" (unprocessed) mode, and decide which you like best. And don't forget
that, once you have received such a demo, you are morally obliged to
purchase from the store that gave it to you.

I guess spending 1000 dollars I would be inclined to want something like
samsung or Sony, but I am really enjoying the 40 inch picture on my coby.

Unprocessed setting? Normal? That really sucks on my tv's. I use custom.

Greg