Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default best TV Monitor? 2nd attempt

maybe the google 'window' is broken again, but didn't see my first
posting

what is the best ( less than $1,000) TV HD Monitor?

want value, great color, and low maintenance, which monitor meets this
criteria?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

maybe the google 'window' is broken again, but didn't see my first
posting

what is the best ( less than $1,000) TV HD Monitor?

want value, great color, and low maintenance, which monitor meets this
criteria?

It made it through. I suggest you get a real newsreader, since Google
leaves a lot to be desired.

Short answer: Go to a 'Big Box' store, decide which Panasonic plasma
meets your perception of 'great color', and buy it. Saving money on
the purchase and losing it when service is unavailable is foolish.

PlainBill
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Robert Macy" wrote in message

maybe the google 'window' is broken again, but didn't see my first
posting
what is the best ( less than $1,000) TV HD Monitor?
want value, great color, and low maintenance, which monitor meets
this criteria?

No offense, but who knows? I don't.

I would look at the major name brands (including Vizio).

I would note Consumer Reports' statistical research that shows major-brand
flat-screen TVs are highly reliable, and there isn't much difference among
them.

I would note that the best value isn't always the least-expensive set.
However, the 32" Vizio I purchased for my den several years ago cost $380,
has a 178-degree viewing angle, excellent color/detail/sharpness, and hasn't
given me a moment's trouble. (My living-room set is a KURO.)

I would take familiar program material to the store, set the TVs for their
"pure" (unprocessed) mode, and decide which you like best. And don't forget
that, once you have received such a demo, you are morally obliged to
purchase from the store that gave it to you.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote:
[...]

I guess spending 1000 dollars I would be inclined to want something like
samsung or Sony, but I am really enjoying the 40 inch picture on my coby.

Unprocessed setting? Normal? That really sucks on my tv's. I use custom.

Greg

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"gregz" wrote in message

Unprocessed setting? Normal? That really sucks on my tv's. I use custom.

If you're comparing sets, you have to have some consistency. Picking the
"pure" (or whatever) setting is a good starting point.

My KURO is set to pure for everything, except the saturation is advanced a
bit, and sharpness is jacked all the way up.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 31 Jul 2011 07:53:56 -0700, Robert Macy wrote:

maybe the google 'window' is broken again, but didn't see my first
posting

what is the best ( less than $1,000) TV HD Monitor?

want value, great color, and low maintenance, which monitor meets this
criteria?

What size? My first choice would be Samsung. They make the display panels
for many other brands.

Also depends on what other functions you want. Built in Netflix or other
streaming TCP capabilities. You don't give enough specifics.

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
maybe the google 'window' is broken again, but didn't see my first
posting

what is the best ( less than $1,000) TV HD Monitor?

want value, great color, and low maintenance, which monitor meets this
criteria?

It made it through. *I suggest you get a real newsreader, since Google
leaves a lot to be desired.

Short answer: *Go to a 'Big Box' store, decide which Panasonic plasma
meets your perception of 'great color', and buy it. *Saving money on
the purchase and losing it when service is unavailable is foolish.

PlainBill

Thank you for the suggestion of 'Big Box' although a Chinese outlet,
they have incredibly well priced electronics widgets there. Stumbled
over another item we need - night vision security cameras. like for
less than $100 with a wireless link to the monitors.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 31, 9:59*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
[...]

I totally forgot aobut Consumer Reports. I had dismissed them
outright for letting me down years ago on our VCR purchase.

I paid for the magazine covering VCR players, went through their
article to find NOTHING! Their comment was that VCR players were all
about the same, so they concentrated on the 'features' ?! And I was
NOT interested in features. All I wanted to know was which
manufacturer had the highest reliability and the lowest jitter! Some
of that tearing was more than 1-2% of the line! That 'tearing' on the
side was driving me nuts. Finally went to Good Guys, looked at every
unit until found one with the least jitter. and bought it. Yes, it
was dependent on the unit within the manufacturer. The unit I bought
had around 0.5% jitter which I could live with. and barely noticeable
while watching a good action film.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
maybe the google 'window' is broken again, but didn't see my first
posting

And you didn't see the 3 replies?

Time to ditch google groups.

This has happened before. google probably was changing their software
to solve that major hacking problem. Since the symptoms were the
same, I just waited a bit and all the responses appeared. But, why
does it only happen when I'm counting on answers?