Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Mark Zacharias Mark Zacharias is offline

Default Ping Jim Yanik Tek 365

Dang. that should of course read Tek 465 in the subject line!!!

"Mark Zacharias" wrote in message
.com...
Hey, Jim.

Long story short my 465 quit a while back. No trace at all, even with the
beam finder. I got tired of looking at it sitting there, and decided to
poke around and see if I got lucky. Well, I found a missing -8v line
which, when jumpered in, seems to restore normal function. That line draws
about 600mA. Cannot readily access the bridge rectifier CR1569 to remove
and test out of circuit - I suspect it is (partially) open.

Is this a common problem? Seem like I'm on the right track?

Thanks!

Mark Z.

--
"I can't die until the government finds a safe place to bury my liver."