Posted to rec.woodworking
Max Max is offline

Default Circular saw recommendations?

"m II" wrote in message
If you are referring to a RAS capacity, I fail to see much difference. My
$179 10" cuts a 2x12 (hundreds of them) and has a few more space to go. I
would have actually check the throat capacity to be sure. I believe I have
to do a flip over for 3/4" x 16" shelving to get the last 1"

----------------
"Max" wrote in message
eb.com...
13 1/2 inch crosscut.
I finally built a crosscut jig to use with a circular saw.
-------------------
Never used a RAS but wonder how they compare with a good sliding miter
saw.
I couldn't live without one, even a cheap one.
Advantages or disadvantages?

--

Eric

I bought my RAS in 1969. I wasn't aware of any sliding miter saws available
at the time.
Last year I replaced a Bosch 8" sliding miter saw with a Milwaukee 12". I
still use the jig I built for crosscutting anything over a foot wide.
If I happen to have the Festool TS75 out of its systainer I'll use it just
for the dust collection.
(and, of course, it'll be out of its systainer if I'm cutting panel goods)
But I'm still not selling the RAS. ;-)

Max