Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_41_] Bill[_41_] is offline

Default Circular saw recommendations?

Swingman wrote:
On 8/7/2011 2:04 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote:

RAS should be O U T L A W E D ! !

---------------------------------------
You want an argument, change the subject.

Cerritos college has ONE (1) RAS in the entire facility.

It's use is restricted to cross cutting rough stock to length.

Even that cut gives me the "willies"

A RAS, and I owned one, is only tool that I always approached with a
great deal of, if not exactly fear, trepidation. Finally got rid of
because I was always looking for another way to do something instead of
using it.

Nice overview of the RAS at the link below. Evidentally, it doesn't tell
"the whole story" (I've never used one). It does say that those made
after the early 60's were generally made to loose tolerances.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radial_arm_saw