Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Groh[_3_] Charlie Groh[_3_] is offline

Default Circular saw recommendations?

On 8/5/2011 12:48 PM, Artemus wrote:
"Leon"lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message

I have the PC743 (blade left) which I've used the hell out of and it just
keeps on ticking. I think it's been discontinued though. Seeing the blade
and the cut line is nice but the sawdust that gets thrown in my face will make
me opt for a blade right next time.
Art

So you are right handed. ;~) Your left blade saw was originally
intended for lefty's that did not want to have saw dust thrown in their
face all the time.

Yes, I'm a righty.
At the time of purchase the "seeing the cut line" argument seemed rational.
Now a track saw with a fully enclosed blade seems to be the rational
choice for sheet goods.
Art

....it definitely is. That said, I still use my Skilsaw 77 quite a bit
for heavy work in the field...just never needed anything else. The
weight is helpful in many situations, power is spectacular, and I don't
mind getting sawdust blown back in my face...or maybe I just haven't
noticed...or I've put my face in the position necessary to avoid it. ;9

cg