Posted to rec.woodworking
Doug Miller[_2_] Doug Miller[_2_] is offline

Default Evansville Woodcraft Store closing sale

In article , Rita and Neil Ward wrote:

They were indeed! Miss the Saturday woodworking classes. A group of us
discovered their shop after attending the wood working show at the state
fair in Indy. We had more fun at the Wood-Works shop, the next year we
went there first. Haven’t been to the wood working show for a couple of
years now: is it worth the fuel to attend next January?

It's not as large a show as it was eight or nine years ago, but this year's
show was (IMHO) a *lot* better than three years or so ago -- I was so
disappointed that I didn't go for a couple of years. This year was my first
year back since '08 or maybe '07.

The main difference I noticed this year compared to, say, '02 or '03, was not
as many classes and demonstrations as there used to be. Not quite as many
vendors, either -- there was a book dealer from somewhere south of here,
Louisville, Cincinnati, I'm not sure, who used to be at the show every year. I
don't remember seeing him this year.

Lee Valley had a nice booth, and some very good demonstrations given by
skilled craftsmen who were also articulate presenters.

I can't say whether it's worth the time and fuel for you to drive up from
Evansville. I plan on going to next year's show -- but I live less than ten
minutes from the fairgrounds, so time and gas aren't really an issue for me.