Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Evansville Woodcraft Store closing sale

Evansville Woodcraft store is closing, after 10 years of being in
business. More info at:

http://www.woodcraft.com/stores/store.aspx?id=527
Posted to rec.woodworking

Rita and Neil Ward wrote:
Evansville Woodcraft store is closing, after 10 years of being in
business. More info at:

http://www.woodcraft.com/stores/store.aspx?id=527

FYI: Just phoned, no "major power tools" (except a couple scroll saws).

We lost a Woodcraft in Indianapolis a few years ago..I guess we couldn't
support 2 of them along with Rockler too.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/5/2011 11:24 AM, Bill wrote:
Rita and Neil Ward wrote:
Evansville Woodcraft store is closing, after 10 years of being in
business. More info at:

http://www.woodcraft.com/stores/store.aspx?id=527

FYI: Just phoned, no "major power tools" (except a couple scroll saws).

We lost a Woodcraft in Indianapolis a few years ago..I guess we couldn't
support 2 of them along with Rockler too.

Bill,
Has the Woodcraft store 86th closed? The shop I miss the most in Indy
was the Wood-Works Shop on US 40. Well worth the 2.5 hour drive to visit
their well stocked store...
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Bill wrote:
Rita and Neil Ward wrote:
Evansville Woodcraft store is closing, after 10 years of being in
business. More info at:

http://www.woodcraft.com/stores/store.aspx?id=527

FYI: Just phoned, no "major power tools" (except a couple scroll saws).

We lost a Woodcraft in Indianapolis a few years ago..I guess we couldn't
support 2 of them along with Rockler too.

As far as I know, we never had two Woodcrafts at once in Indianapolis. The one
that was on 82nd Street in front of the Castleton Mall closed about three
years before the current one (next to I-69) opened. If there ever was another
one, I'm not aware of it.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Rita and Neil Ward wrote:
On 8/5/2011 11:24 AM, Bill wrote:
Rita and Neil Ward wrote:
Evansville Woodcraft store is closing, after 10 years of being in
business. More info at:

http://www.woodcraft.com/stores/store.aspx?id=527

FYI: Just phoned, no "major power tools" (except a couple scroll saws).

We lost a Woodcraft in Indianapolis a few years ago..I guess we couldn't
support 2 of them along with Rockler too.

Bill,
Has the Woodcraft store 86th closed?

Not unless it *just* happened -- I've bought from them as recently as last
month. There used to be one on East 82nd St, in front of the Castleton Square
Mall, but it closed two or three years before the one on 86th St opened.

The shop I miss the most in Indy
was the Wood-Works Shop on US 40. Well worth the 2.5 hour drive to visit
their well stocked store...

Yeah, I miss that place too, and the couple that ran it. They were good
people.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
In , Rita and Neil wrote:
On 8/5/2011 11:24 AM, Bill wrote:
Rita and Neil Ward wrote:
Evansville Woodcraft store is closing, after 10 years of being in
business. More info at:

http://www.woodcraft.com/stores/store.aspx?id=527

FYI: Just phoned, no "major power tools" (except a couple scroll saws).

We lost a Woodcraft in Indianapolis a few years ago..I guess we couldn't
support 2 of them along with Rockler too.

Bill,
Has the Woodcraft store 86th closed?

Yes, the 86th street store remains (as Doug mentions below).

Not unless it *just* happened -- I've bought from them as recently as last
month. There used to be one on East 82nd St, in front of the Castleton Square
Mall, but it closed two or three years before the one on 86th St opened.

The shop I miss the most in Indy
was the Wood-Works Shop on US 40. Well worth the 2.5 hour drive to visit
their well stocked store...

Yeah, I miss that place too, and the couple that ran it. They were good
people.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Doug Miller wrote:
In , wrote:
Rita and Neil Ward wrote:
Evansville Woodcraft store is closing, after 10 years of being in
business. More info at:

http://www.woodcraft.com/stores/store.aspx?id=527

FYI: Just phoned, no "major power tools" (except a couple scroll saws).

We lost a Woodcraft in Indianapolis a few years ago..I guess we couldn't
support 2 of them along with Rockler too.

As far as I know, we never had two Woodcrafts at once in Indianapolis. The one
that was on 82nd Street in front of the Castleton Mall closed about three
years before the current one (next to I-69) opened. If there ever was another
one, I'm not aware of it.

You are probably correct. When I "found" the 2nd Woodcraft store, I
guess I didn't realize that it was a brand new store. It was more like,
"How did I overlook this store?"? I stand corrected.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/5/2011 6:43 PM, Bill wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In , Rita and
Neil wrote:
On 8/5/2011 11:24 AM, Bill wrote:
Rita and Neil Ward wrote:
[...]

They were indeed! Miss the Saturday woodworking classes. A group of us
discovered their shop after attending the wood working show at the state
fair in Indy. We had more fun at the Wood-Works shop, the next year we
went there first. Haven’t been to the wood working show for a couple of
years now: is it worth the fuel to attend next January?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Rita and Neil Ward wrote:
On 8/5/2011 6:43 PM, Bill wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:
In , Rita and
Neil wrote:
On 8/5/2011 11:24 AM, Bill wrote:
Rita and Neil Ward wrote:
[...]

I'm not sure how far you're driving (from Evansville?).
The "The Woodworking Shows" event was really popular this year (actually
a little too-crowded) and very good. I went to a different woodworking
show in the same general location about 2 years ago that made me feel
ripped-off. So, it pays to be discerning.

Print out the program before you go, and you'll know exactly why you're
driving that far, and you'll find a seat for the (hour-long)
presentations. Because of the number of attendees, I was disappointed
that I wouldn't really watch 2 in a row. Have fun!

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Rita and Neil Ward wrote:

They were indeed! Miss the Saturday woodworking classes. A group of us
discovered their shop after attending the wood working show at the state
fair in Indy. We had more fun at the Wood-Works shop, the next year we
went there first. Haven’t been to the wood working show for a couple of
years now: is it worth the fuel to attend next January?

It's not as large a show as it was eight or nine years ago, but this year's
show was (IMHO) a *lot* better than three years or so ago -- I was so
disappointed that I didn't go for a couple of years. This year was my first
year back since '08 or maybe '07.

The main difference I noticed this year compared to, say, '02 or '03, was not
as many classes and demonstrations as there used to be. Not quite as many
vendors, either -- there was a book dealer from somewhere south of here,
Louisville, Cincinnati, I'm not sure, who used to be at the show every year. I
don't remember seeing him this year.

Lee Valley had a nice booth, and some very good demonstrations given by
skilled craftsmen who were also articulate presenters.

I can't say whether it's worth the time and fuel for you to drive up from
Evansville. I plan on going to next year's show -- but I live less than ten
minutes from the fairgrounds, so time and gas aren't really an issue for me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/5/2011 9:53 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
In articlebJ6dnZ8NbMiwHqHTnZ2dnUVZ_rudnZ2d@earthlink .com, Rita and Neil wrote:

[...]

Doug, and Bill,

Thanks for the info on the woodworking show. I am now planning to attend
next years show.

The book dealer may have been Manny Shambhee he owns Manny's Woodworkers
Place in Lexington, KY. He has been at the Tri-state Woodcarving Show in
Evansville, for the pass two years: stocks a lot of woodworking books
and woodcarving magazines.

Neil

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

[...]

Just curious -- once you get to Indy, what route to you take to get to the
fairgrounds?

The book dealer may have been Manny Shambhee he owns Manny's Woodworkers
Place in Lexington, KY. He has been at the Tri-state Woodcarving Show in
Evansville, for the pass two years: stocks a lot of woodworking books
and woodcarving magazines.

That's the one. Huge selection of good stuff. I don't think he was there this
year. Hope he will be next year.

Woodcraft Store Gerald Woodworking 48 April 11th 05 02:56 AM
Woodcraft closing out SuperNova Companions s.bernstein Woodturning 0 December 24th 04 01:57 AM
New Arizona Woodcraft store! cm Woodworking 1 November 11th 04 08:13 AM
New Arizona Woodcraft store! cm Woodturning 0 November 10th 04 11:00 PM
Woodcraft store in Woodridge, IL? PC Gameplayer Woodworking 2 October 12th 04 01:42 PM