Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Circular saw recommendations?

On 8/5/2011 2:48 PM, Artemus wrote:
"Leon"lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in message

I have the PC743 (blade left) which I've used the hell out of and it just
keeps on ticking. I think it's been discontinued though. Seeing the blade
and the cut line is nice but the sawdust that gets thrown in my face will make
me opt for a blade right next time.
Art

So you are right handed. ;~) Your left blade saw was originally
intended for lefty's that did not want to have saw dust thrown in their
face all the time.

Yes, I'm a righty.
At the time of purchase the "seeing the cut line" argument seemed rational.
Now a track saw with a fully enclosed blade seems to be the rational
choice for sheet goods.
Art

Oh hell yeah! The track saw coupled with a vac means you have to look
for saw dust after ripping a sheet of plywood. Not to mention you only
align the saw up on top of the track, no guess work as to where the saw
is going to cut once the track is placed.

It works good at turning s2s lumber into s2s1e also, faster than using a
jointer on long pieces.