Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default AC in shop (was A Prognostication)

On 8/5/2011 12:36 PM, Jack Stein wrote:
On 8/5/2011 12:34 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Fri, 05 Aug 2011 08:49:38 -0500, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet

IIRC TopCote now is marketed more as a rust preventative than a
lubricant.

Ayup.

Really?

BostikŪ Woodworking Lubricants
Woodworking Lubricants for Home Improvement and Wood Craft

That's what the home page says in giant letters.
Fine print mentions rust prevention, giant letters mention lubricants.

Perhaps there webmaster needs to contact their marketing department?

Ok, let me repeat what is on my can, of TopCote. ;~)

TopCote
Table and Tool Surface Sealant. (I read that as something that protects.)

But! My Mistake, the features state,

Reduces Sliding Friction & Hangups
Repels Dirt, Dust, & Moisture
Dries in Seconds
Contains No Petroleum Oils or Silicones

The back label "Other Uses" states

Will NOT build up even after several applications
Sealant to protect Hand Tools and vehicles against rust & corrosion.
Release agent for injection molding.