Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default A Prognostication

On 8/4/2011 7:11 PM, Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Thu, 04 Aug 2011 15:40:59 -0400, Jack Stein wrote:

ie, the bottom 50% of wage
earners pay 2.7% of income taxes, the top 50% pay 97.3%.

That sounds great till you look at the other half of the statistics.
The bottom 50% have 13% of the income, the top 50% have 87%. If you
add SS taxes to that, the bottom half pay a higher percentage than the
top half.

That sounds stupid! The bottom 50% has 50% of the wages? The top 50%
has the other 50%? If the bottom 50% had 13% of the income, they
wouldn't be the bottom 50% but the bottom 13%?

Are you being deliberately obtuse, Jack?

No, I tried to explain it clearly. Your response makes no sense to me.

I was responding to your post.
Was it stupid as well? I guess it must have been, you just said so.

No, I said you post sounds stupid, I didn't say *my* post sounded
stupid, at least not yet...

I said your response *sounds* stupid, I didn't say it was. Perhaps I
need you to explain how the bottom 50% pay 2.7% but the bottom 13% pay
13%? Still sounds stupid to me.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com