Posted to rec.woodworking
Paul Franklin[_2_] Paul Franklin[_2_] is offline

Default Shim in sizes

On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 17:50:22 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I've done a search and unable to find anyone
who sells washer as shims in a variety of thicknesses
for a variety of bolts. I have tried to create my own
to a degree, but it would be nice to find a variety
pack that I could buy - cheaply - like under $30.

Shopsmith sells a pack in colors that corresponds
to the thickness, but if I remember right, it was
with something else included and it wasn't cheap.

I thought I was a great searcher, but on this particular
quest, I got stumped.

Anyone got an idea where I could find them?

MJ

Small parts has a couple of assortments of arbor shims, might do what
you need.

www.smallparts.com

They have lots of handy stuff. Prices tend to be high, but if you need
it and they have it....

Paul Franklin