Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Shim in sizes

On 8/1/2011 7:50 PM, wrote:
I've done a search and unable to find anyone
who sells washer as shims in a variety of thicknesses
for a variety of bolts. I have tried to create my own
to a degree, but it would be nice to find a variety
pack that I could buy - cheaply - like under $30.

W/O any idea at all of what size variety you're thinking of or what
thicknesses and ranges and precision or purpose...

http://www.dougstampco.com/

Might be a source altho probably not in some prepackaged assortment.

I've no idea about Fastenal but there, McMaster-Carr, etc., are places
I'd try. Check w/ your local machine shop for their sources of such
specialty items...

What's the application in mind???

There are all kinds of shaft bearing shim washers but they're tended to
be sized by bearings so again the app is probably key to the right kind
of thing.