Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default A Prognostication

Doug Winterburn wrote in
eb.com:

On 7/31/2011 12:38 PM, Han wrote:
wrote in
news:j148bo$9cb$1@dont- email.me:

a budget is critical to managing your
money and remaining solvent

Problem is that a budget is just a plan. The difficult thing is to
balance outlays and revenues. If revenues drop because of rising
unemployment and expenses increase (because of rising unemployment),
it'll be difficult to balance outlays and revenues, no matter what
last year's plans say.

Apparently then, we've had rising unemployment and its associated
budget problems since Ike was President.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/govt/reports/pd/histdebt/histdebt.htm

I'm confused. Is that inflation-adjusted or not? And of course the debt
goes up. Congress keeps authorizing constituent-friendly programs, and
congresscritters keep hunting for ways to get reelected. Unemployment of
course keeps fluctuating. When all those troops go home, it'll go up
again, because a) Those troops will go after a decreasing number of jobs
they are qualified for and b) all those military support jobs will dry
up. Not that I find that in itself a bad thing, mind you, but what
constructive jobs will be there for those people?

--
Best regards
Han