Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Kenefick Michael Kenefick is offline

Default A Prognostication

Sound like my neighbor who thinks dogs don't bark at 1100 am or even 100 pm.
snip

I understand, and agree with the spirit of the recently changed (with no
public notice ... apparently they, the city officials, forgot??)) city
ordinance, but not, as indicated, the implementation.

AAMOF, I immediately knocked on all my adjacent neighbor's doors and
apologized for being a criminal ... not a one even knew I have been mowing.

Besides, I already own a lawnmower. One that makes considerably less
noise than the gas powered leaf blowers and weed eaters that disrupt
EACH block for an average of 15 hours, six days a week, starting at 7AM.

Unlike most of the yuppies assholes who live here, I mow my own yard and
prefer to do it on Sunday mornings because I have to work the other six
and half days a week to pay the ****ing taxes!!

Actually, I had already mowed the yard (a ten minute job) and was using
an electric weed eater (which makes a swishing sound at less than 60db)
when shut down.

Basically, this is NOT the same country I grew up in ... if you weren't
here 50 years ago, you have NO idea how much it's changed, arguably, but
IMO, for the worse!