Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default A Prognostication

On 7/31/2011 1:44 PM, Han wrote:

I wasn't one for hunting when a kid (and not now either). But I did go
iceskating on the frozen meadows that the Rhine near Wageningen had
inundated in winter. However, I was warned when going into the "forest"
nearby for unexploded ordinance from the WWII battles nearby.

As 14 year old, I used to take an 11' flat bottomed jon boat, with a 5
HP Johnston motor on it, out into the bays of the Gulf Coast, by myself,
to go duck hunting.

Do this when a Norther blows in (IOW, the best duck hunting weather), on
an outgoing tide, and you had to wait until evening for the next tide
came in to get back to shore ... I'm talking maybe ten to fifteen miles
to the nearest walkable, dry (relatively) land.

I don't recall the coast guard ever being called to the rescue, and
AAMOF, I don't even think my parents were ever the least bit worried, or
even missed me.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010