Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default A Prognostication

On 7/31/2011 1:19 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
In articleO6mdnaGFKsha4KjTnZ2dnUVZ_uydnZ2d@giganews. com, wrote:
[...]
Basically, this is NOT the same country I grew up in ... if you weren't
here 50 years ago, you have NO idea how much it's changed, arguably, but
IMO, for the worse!

Isn't that the truth. My home town is Muskegon, Michigan, a city of some 60K
people, I think, when I lived there in the 1960s. I remember frequently going
downtown to the library, on the bus, *alone*, at the age of six or seven. It
was perfectly safe.

Any parent who allowed a child to do that now would be facing an investigation
by Child Protective Services.

Yep ... I've told the story here before of riding my buckskin mare to
school of a morning, carrying my shotgun and shell vest to leave with
the shop teacher, so I could go dove hunting on the way home.

Lord have mercy, can you imagine doing that now?!?

We were indeed fortunate to live in those times, Doug. I just wished my
kids could have had the same experience.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010