Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff R.[_4_] Jeff R.[_4_] is offline

Default R.C.M.

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message
.. .

Do not apologize. For me, it is not a long extinguished passion. In
fact, I am in the finishing stages of the house I've been building for
years, which will have a huge stereo room. I will include in the stereo
system, not only my turntable of old (Thorens TD-125), which is equipped
with an Ortofon arm, plus a pair of Ortofon moving coil cartridges, and
one Supex moving coil cartridge. My curiosity about your thoughts on the
Supex were motivated by my use, for years, of the Ortofon.
Circumstances forced me to buy the Supex, which I consider to be somewhat
superior to the Ortofons. Just wondered if you had an opinion.

Sorry, no.
I have no idea where my turntables ended up...
(I doubt the kids inherited them)
....and I've forgotten most of what I learnt playing with them.

Digital is just so nice.
My whole collection - 20,000+ tracks - all on one HDD and instantly
available. On the road, too!

I'm still locked in to the gear of old. I'll install a Crown reel to
reel tape deck, along with a Nakamichi 1000 II cassette player. No 8
track! :-)

Walnut cabinets have been custom built accordingly.

Harold

I've got a few years til retirement, but I like the idea of a stereo room.
That - combined with floor-to-ceiling bookcases. Full, of course.
sigghhh

cheers from Sydney
--
Jeff R.