Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold & Susan Vordos Harold & Susan Vordos is offline

Default R.C.M.

"Jeff R." wrote in message

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 06 Aug 2011 08:27:35 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Jeff R." wrote in message
m.au...
snip----

Jeff R.
(prefers Ortofon to Shure, anyway)

Heh! Just happened to notice your sig line. Any comments on Supex?

I was always an Audio Technica kinda guy. Crikey, how many decades
has it been since I subscribed to Stereo Review mag? 4, I think.
You guys brought back fond memories of times before my tinnitus, when
my hearing was good enough for me to be a foolish _audiophile_.

I have to sheepishly confess that I was just teasing the OP for his
spelling of "Shure" for "sure".

When you're as old as I am (72), things aren't always apparent. I was so
intent on talking about cartridges that the humor went over my head!
sigh

It's a long time since I played with vinyl, and my tin ears are now quite
satisfied with CDs and mp3s.

Understood. I'm quite keen on CD's, although I have never gotten involved
with mp3's.

Sorry if I lit a long-extinguished passion...

Do not apologize. For me, it is not a long extinguished passion. In fact,
I am in the finishing stages of the house I've been building for years,
which will have a huge stereo room. I will include in the stereo system,
not only my turntable of old (Thorens TD-125), which is equipped with an
Ortofon arm, plus a pair of Ortofon moving coil cartridges, and one Supex
moving coil cartridge. My curiosity about your thoughts on the Supex were
motivated by my use, for years, of the Ortofon. Circumstances forced me
to buy the Supex, which I consider to be somewhat superior to the Ortofons.
Just wondered if you had an opinion.
I'm still locked in to the gear of old. I'll install a Crown reel to reel
tape deck, along with a Nakamichi 1000 II cassette player. No 8 track! :-)

Walnut cabinets have been custom built accordingly.

Harold