Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default R.C.M.

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:
It's still available from download sources, if you trust them:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/...rd-Tools.shtml

jsw

Send me your snail mail addy offline and I'll send you a copy if
you'd like Snag

Thanks, but it seems to be for older EIDE drives only, not current
SATA ones.

Older versions of Seagate DiscWizard won't recognize a USB mouse when
booted from the rescue CD but the v.11 does. Otherwise I've had no
trouble with it. It can be made to boot from a USB flash drive rather
than a CD if the PC or especially laptop / netbook supports USB boot.
AFAIK the flash needs to be FAT32 and thus won't also hold an image
of XP due to FAT32's 4GB file size limit. OTOH it's a good use for
otherwise obsolete 128MB sticks. I made one to boot Seagate
DiscWizard, one for WD TrueImage and one for DOS7 from Win98.

jsw

Hmmm , I wasn't going to try it with that new SATA drive after your last
comment , but now maybe I will . I'm pretty sure I've used it to transfer an
OS to a SATA , but you know what they say , the memory is the second thing
to go . I can't recall what the first is ...

--
Snag
Learning keeps