Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default R.C.M.

"Snag" wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:
...You can't just copy the drive Windows boots from.

[meaning drag-&-drop copy, not that it can't be copied somehow]

The Seagate version [of Acronis, which WILL copy a system drive]....
jsw

Bzzzzztt , wrong . Jim , WD's data lifeguard tools will in fact copy a
"C:" drive to a new HDD . I know this for a fact , as I have used it to
transfer the OS to a new drive . The drive MUST be a WD unit , however . I
have a copy that came with a new drive I bought , and a copy that I D/L'd
from the 'net . Both are identical in function .
Snag

I have Data Lifeguard v1.22 on the 7 machine but see only S.M.A.R.T and
diagnostics.
http://support.wdc.com/product/downl...&sid=3&lang=en

They only warn you to back up the drive. Maybe your new drive's software
bundle included True Image.

I don't use DLG because I like HDTune (free, not PRO) better, and it runs on
other brands.
http://www.hdtune.com/download.html

jsw