Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag[_3_] Snag[_3_] is offline

Default R.C.M.

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Kristian Ukkonen" wrote in message
... How about using Norton Partitio[n]Magic to make a copy
of your harddisk partitions to a new harddisk.....

Discontinued:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PartitionMagic

I used to use Norton's Ghost 2003 to back up the C: drive.

Seagate and Western Digital offer free versions of Acronis TrueImage
which can save and restore images of the C: drive to the same or
another hard drive. You can't just copy the drive Windows boots from.

The Seagate version needs to find at least one Seagate or Maxtor
drive on the system, I think WD is the same. I run the Seagate one on
a laptop that has a Samsung internal HDD, with a Seagate USB drive
connected to enable the program.

jsw

Bzzzzztt , wrong . Jim , WD's data lifeguard tools will in fact copy a "C:"
drive to a new HDD . I know this for a fact , as I have used it to transfer
the OS to a new drive . The drive MUST be a WD unit , however . I have a
copy that came with a new drive I bought , and a copy that I D/L'd from the
'net . Both are identical in function .

--
Snag
Learning keeps