Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Kristian Ukkonen Kristian Ukkonen is offline

Default R.C.M.

On 8/5/2011 5:28, Richard wrote:
All the BS can be depressing, but -

I had to reload Windows on my desk machine. (I hate when that happens!)

Which means 3 or 4 days of setting everything back up properly.
Which also (finally!) includes news group service.

How about using Norton PartitioMagic to make a copy
of your harddisk partitions to a new harddisk.. Next
time you can take the copy and not have to start from
zero..

I use the PartitionMagic to copy harddisk contents to
a new harddisk every year or so, and start using the
new one.. Before it breaks.. Doesn't cost much.. Also
leaves a backup every time.

Same thing as keeping a copy of CNC machine control
PLC program..